Southside Music Team
Interested in being apart of Southside Music? Here's some information and expectations.
- 3 main areas of ministry music - sunday morning, youth, kids church (twice a month)
- Many different positions: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, drums, vocals
- Average member plays up to once every three Sundays
- Practice Thursday nights from 7:00pm -9:00pm
- Schedule is made two-three months at a time
- Love Jesus and worship Him as God. Saved by grace through faith for good works. (Ephesians 2)
- Attend Southside for a minimum for 1 year
- Be a regular member of a small group (for community and accountability)
- Above reproach (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9)
- Be an example in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity (1 Timothy 4:12, Hebrews 13:7, 1 Peter 5:3)
- Attend Sunday services regularly (even when not playing music)
- Skilled in instrument
- Committed to improving in instrument
- Dependable, able to be contacted throughout the week
- Familiarize with, and learn up to 40 songs that are played on a regular basis
- Attend music meetings and events (up to once a month)
- Experience is preferred but not required
- Pray regularly for this ministry
-receptive hearts in the body
-spiritual sensitivity, humility and focus for the leader and band
-protection from technical issues/ distractions
-God's glory and delight in our efforts
Take the First Step
Our application process for the team is designed to find out more about your character (1 Timothy 3:10), and musical competency.
Step 1: Fill out our online application.
After your application has been submitted, you will be contacted within one week with your next steps.
Questions? Email Dan